CA Forum North
Entrepreneurial CAs of Edmonton
Accounting and Tax Forum
This is our 10th anniversary of providing accounting and tax learning opportunities to participants that want to experience a fast paced learning environment.
Each 1.5 hour session is specifically designed to be relevant to the owner/manager accountant and tax advisor. Expect to change topics quickly while still receiving excellent depth of knowledge.
You will receive course material, tips and instructor commentary which will assist you with the issues you deal with on a daily basis. Of equal importance to past attendees is the opportunity to network with fellow practitioners who are experiencing the same work environment. Our conference has become known as the information sharing and networking event of the year for the Entrepreneurial CAs of Edmonton.
Come to learn, discuss, and network with your peers.
Topics and Speakers (more to be announced as confirmed)
Topics and Speakers
Special Guest Speaker:
- James Robbins – Mountain Climber, Adventurer and Motivational Speaker. James has been teaching leadership and peak performance for the last 12 years.
- Don Cherniawsky, LLB, CA Felesky Flynn – current tax topics
- Terry Wainman, CA, Grant Thornton – current tax topics
- Taxpayers’ Ombudsman – J. Paul Dube
- Canada Revenue Agency – speaker TBD
- Tom Scott, Vice Dean and PhD, University of Alberta – Private Enterprise GAAP
- Co Presentations by Stu Hartley, CA and Al Budlong FCA – Practice Engagement Manual (new developments and improvements)
Institute of CA of Alberta:
- Rachel Miller, CA - tips/traps from practice reviewers’ experiences, practitioner resources and related matters
- Jane Halford, CA – updates from the profession
- Ray Mack, FCA – Technology/Practice Update
- Matt McCullogh, CA, CIRP, Trustee – Bankruptcy and Receivership rule changes
- Netta Genua LL.B, LL.M. – Insurance Claims Manager with AICA whose role is to oversee and facilitate the resolution of claims made against AICA members.
Accommodation is booked separately through Jasper Park Lodge. The conference rates are available in the attached form. Click Here to view.
Comments from past participants include:
• “Excellent – to the point and useful”
• “A lot of stuff – fast. Very good”
• “Excellent presenters, they know their material”
• “Above and beyond, very practical concepts that I’ll use in both my practice and for clients”